Have you reviewed your auto insurance coverage?
Make sure you have enough Underinsured and Uninsured motorist coverage.
• Uninsured motorist insurance provides coverage when you are injured in an accident and the at fault driver has no insurance.
• Underinsured motorist insurance provides coverage when you are injured in an accident and the at fault driver does not have enough insurance.
• MO and KS only require $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident in liability coverage. This is not enough to compensate injured parties in many auto accidents!
Recommended UM/UIM coverage:
• Minimum: $100,000/$300,000
• Preferred: $250,000/$500,000
CONTACT YOUR AGENT TODAY!
Homeowners: Have you checked your sidewalks lately?
Did you know that Kansas property owners are responsible for the repair of damaged public sidewalks adjacent to their property?
1. Residents or contractors who repair sidewalks must follow their City’s design standards and specifications.
2. Right of way permits are required.
3. Most cities will repair a limited number of public sidewalks. You can generally submit a request for repair to the city.
See: K.S.A 12-1808
July 2023: Last month the DFO Law team went to lunch to celebrate all of the great women that make DFO happen. Thank you to the staff for all of the assistance and support in the first six months in business. Karen Weston: Paralegal, Aidan O’Connor: Summer Associate, and Merrin O’Connor: Design Specialist/Social Media Director.